Friday, January 9, 2009

Working in Colorado

I moved here with the promise of a rewarding job working as a preschool teacher at one of the schools in Pueblo, Colorado. Unfortunately it turned out to be less than a desirable position and I soon left it for what would work out to be greener pastures.

I quickly secured a job with District 70 schools working as a substitute. I work almost every day, get paid better than I would be getting at the last job and I often work at the elementary school that is just over a mile from my house. I am getting to know the teachers and the students very well and I love the challenge and the fun of working with a new group of kids each day.

Working with the different age groups has also been good because I have gotten to know more about myself and the kind of position that I hope to secure in the future. Working with preschool all the way through high school I have come to realize that I love those little ones, with all their buggers, tantrums, and wild crazy energy.

I have also been working for the local newspaper as a journalist writing human interest stories, and some stories that are not of much interest. It has been fun and challenging. Kendall has been my editor and now that he is here with me he will take more of a front seat to the writing that we are doing. It's a fun thing for us to do together and we are starting to get to know some of the people in the community better through following leads and chasing down stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment